Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Snow Day!

     The publication of today's Blog was elayed for
seceral hours due to yesterday's snow storm.
     The first "Blizzard" of fall was waiting for me when
I got up yesterday morning.
      The storm, predicted by all the forecasters, was
anticipated as a "nuisance" by a few.  That term sounded
pretty accurate to me too!
      We had about an inch or two on the roads in my
area as I prepared to drive my wife to an early morning
doctor's appointment.  Of course an inch or two
missed the roadway and landed on my van instead.
       That meant broom patrol first thing before I ever
got to see exactly how slick the roads were. You've
got to clear of the top of your car so your excess snow
doesn't blow or avalanche off onto the poor soul following
behind
       Now some of you will probably be surprised to
hear this.....but you're suppose to clean off your windshield
AND windows too! I don't know about you..but I'm
usually a little apprehensive when some body's driving in
my general vicinity with a spot about as big as a toaster
cleared in front of their steering wheel and the rest of
their vehicle sealed like an igloo at the North Pole.
      I catch a break because my son installed a remote
starter in my car. I can fire it up while I'm still
comfortable inside and the heat that builds up after a few
minutes allows for a easy sweep of the roof and windows.
      It makes for a warm seat when I get inside too!
      Most schools had called for a two hour delay by the
time we got moving. Several cancelled completely by
the time I was driving home. That surprised me!
       I don't remember it but my friend tells me we had a
snow day once back in my school days in Hazleton. That's
"once".....as in 1 time!
       I guess the weather has gotten a lot worse since then.
Maybe the snow has gotten slicker?
       Guess I was born too soon!  I would have enjoyed a
few Snow Days every year!
        A remote start back then meant you sent somebody
else out first to start and clean the car.
        Of well....a little snow has its benefits. Think about
all those factories that make the rulers so the weathermen
(and women) can measure that first inch of snow!
        Hope your car windows were clean and that all your
NEWS was good!








































No comments:

Post a Comment