Sunday, November 4, 2012

Time To Change!

           MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH.
    Before you get too excited, this is not a Political
essay!
    It's just a reminder that you were suppose to turn
your clocks back one hour yesterday as we re-enter
Eastern Standard Time!
    And somewhere, probably closer than you think,
there's probably one clock you forgot!
    Mine, at least the first one I found, was in my
Van.  There may still be another lurking somewhere!
    My wife observed that either it had not been
reset......or......we were late for church!
    Unlike many vehicles my van has two small
buttons, one under "Hour" the other under
"Minutes," to make adjusting the time an easy
chore.
     That's true IF you happen to have a pen or some
other small, round instrument that's capable of
pushing either or both of those two buttons.
      I was lucky. A couple of quick touches with
the point of my ball point got back in sync with
the rest of the world!
      I'm also now OK for travel to Arizona and
Hawaii where nobody ever observes Daylight
Savings Time!
      A lot of our clocks switch themselves
automatically these days.
      I've often thought about getting up at 1:59am,
EDT, to see if I can see how they do that!
      Think about it!  The rules for Daylight
Savings Time changed five years ago.
      The Government started it three weeks earlier
than usual and decided to end it one week later.
      How do my machines know the Government
did that?
      Some people argue that we don't really need
Daylight Savings Time anymore.
      In response, the Department of Energy studied
the energy savings in 2008 and found that during
daylight saving time, U.S. electricity use decreased
by 0.5 percent per day, which added up to 1.3 billion
kilowatt-hours — enough to power about 122,000
average U.S. homes for a year.
      I like it because it makes me feel so good to sleep
that one extra hour the day it goes away!
      Hope you took the time to change your time so
you're on time and that all your NEWS is good!




































No comments:

Post a Comment