Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Two hours to....Christmas!!!!


   My wife and I loaded two other couples in our van
yesterday and headed south.........right into Christmas!
   Well, at least, the Christmas mood!
   Our destination was Peddler's Village, a collection
of speciality shops, restaurants, and taverns in
Colonial-style buildings that's well know for it's
holiday decorations. It's about 2 hours from Wilkes-
Barre.
    This week they turned of their Christmas Lights!
    All of the buildings, the light poles, the water
wheel, and most every tree is decked out in
colorful lights. It is a Power Company's dream!
     I'm not sure where they get all those extension
cords. But I'm sure they're glad they don't have
those old style light sets where one burned out
bulb caused all the others to go dark!
     Of course the lights aren't the only attraction.
     We all mounted some attractive horses and
had an informal race.
      I'm proud to say I won. But I guess I should
admit I was on the lead horse.......on a Merry-Go-
Round! Hey it's one of those "attractions" I
mentioned!
      I checked into some high tech weather
forecasting equipment.
      OK. Maybe "high tech" isn't exactly the
right term.
     What I saw in the German shop was little
house like buildings with characters that come
out as the weather changes. If the woman
comes out it's Fair weather ahead. If it's the
man, expect a storm!
     Probably designed and built by a man who
got some suggestions from his wife!
     Another shop offered various words of
advice printed on everything from pillows
to wooden signs.  
     And who could argue with a warning that
reads..."When they discover the center of the
Universe, a lot of people will be disappointed
they are not it!"
     There was plenty of speciality food too.
     My wife and buddy discovered jars of
Garlic!
     Their holidays will undoubtedly be "Vampire
free!"  Eat enough and they may be "people
free" as well!
     Some will argue it was a few days too early
for Christmas lights. But add friends, food, and
fun and we found ourselves ready to start the
season!
     Hope you're ready too, with or without the
Garlic, and that all your NEWS is good!












 









































    











No comments:

Post a Comment