Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Little Man Who Wasn't There!


  I don't know what happened! I'm at a loss. And
I don't even know what I can show you since there's
absoutely no photographic evidence!
   For the first time in all my voting life there was
NO ONE at my polling place handing out anything
supporting any candidate as I walked in to vote!
   I'm thinking, perhaps,the candidates used the
money they might have given these "poll people"
to pay their phone bills!
   It must have been terribly expensive to hire all
those actors just to call my house in support of
their candidacy! They may have called your house
too. Probablly long distance!
   I didn't really miss the people all that much.
   I was just surprised not to see them!
   I used to thank them for the "'Candidate Cards"
they handed out.
   I never used them for voting. But they often came
in handy to write short reminders to myself if I
found myself without a note pad.
   There was a time when you used to get some
pretty neat bribes.....I mean.....trinkets.....from the
people who greeted you outside the polling places.
    You could usually count on getting at least one
pen or pencil.
    Occasionally some one might hand out a ruler!
    Ironically I saw more people insde the polling
place than I've seen in a very long time.
    All those people and no one to try to influence
their vote at the very last minute!
    I guess, like the song says, the times they are
changing.
    Instead of a new pencil we got a call from former
Governor Tom Ridge 37 minutes before the polls
closed!
   Of course it was eleven hours and twenty four
minutes AFTER we voted
   I think I'd rather have the pencil!
   Hope you came away from the votng booth
with something......satisfaction at least.....and that
all your NEWS is good!
     
    

1 comment:

  1. There were a few poll people when we went to vote. They were handing out boring flyers :(

    ReplyDelete