Wednesday, November 14, 2012

White Noise!


  I'm not sure what motivated me to change
my habit yesterday.
  I try to walk about a mile of so each day.
  I usually take my stroll in Pittston.
  But yesterday something prompted me
to cross the Fort Jenkins Bridge and turn
left, walking south along Wyoming Ave.
  It's a route I used to walk. But I hadn't
gone that way for months.
  I wasn't far along when I heard the sound.
  Soft at first. In the distance. Gradually
getting louder.
  It was music to my ears!
  But it wasn't actually music.
  It was the sound of a huge commercial
leaf blower and vacuum truck sweeping
the foliage from the curb line throughout
the borough.
  Perhaps a word of explanation might be
in order here.
  Those who know me, even though they
don't understand it, realize that I love the
sound of a vacuum cleaner!
  It actually puts me to sleep!
  I even found a web site that offers video
and sound of someone running a vacuum
for 12 hours. I've never listened to the
whole thing. I've always dozed off.
  I don't know where it was filmed. But I'll
bet the place is really clean!
  Of course I should also explain this
unusual "tranquilizer" does not work if I'm
pushing a vacuum.....only when I'm
listening to one. Sorry Honey!
   I also can't sleep standing up, although
previous employers might argue that point,
so I simply stood there...relaxed...and
listened as the "white noise" of the
machine made my day!
   I'm easily pleased!
   I wanted to capture the moment. But
the only camera at my disposal was the
one built into my cell phone.
   Today's units are of such high quality
you could film a feature while calling
for pizza.
   Mine, however, is only one step above
two cans and a string.
   Still I took a couple of quick shots to
add to today's essay.
   Hope you take the time to enjoy the birds
singing, some soft music, or, perhaps, a
good Hoover, and that all your NEWS is
good!


























No comments:

Post a Comment