Monday, September 2, 2013

A Holiday Tradition!


      There are plenty of traditions associated with
the Labor Day Holiday!
       Many use the three-day weekend to hold
reunions with family or friends. Some hit the road
to Scranton to take in the fine food and entertainment
offered at La Festa Italiana!
       It's a holiday for going places. Hence the
"tradition" of higher gasoline prices!
       Less than a week ago, before my tank showed
signs of being hungry, I passed at area service......
(no, strike that....."service" is long gone at most
stations) .....Gas station advertising a gallon of
Regular gas for $3.49. Since this particular chain
offers 3 cents off in you've got its Reward card,
I could have filled my tank at a rate of $3.46 per
gallon.
      I should have stopped!
      A day later the same station's posted rate was
$3.65 per gallon. Even a poor mathematician like
me can figure that's an increase of 16 cents
literally overnight!
      Ever now and then you'll come across a station
with gas prices that seem a lot lower than the
"average." In many cases, however, you also
see a separate little sign on those places that
reads "Cash only." So read carefully before you
start pumping!
      Since we hadn't gone to war and I heard
nothing about any hurricanes or refinery fires, I
can only come to the conclusion the Oil companies
were preparing for the Labor Day Holiday
weekend crowd!
      Needless to say I suddenly needed gas. That's
one of the points in Murphy's Law. It's cheaper
when you don't need it than when you do!
       It will be interesting to see if the price goes
back down when all of you have returned to
you office!
      Hey! I like traditions as much as the next
guy. I'm just not fond of Highway robbery!
      Hope your tank is full and that all your
NEWS is good!




     

No comments:

Post a Comment