Thursday, September 5, 2013

What would Wyatt Do?


      So the way I hear it folks that run the
Bloomsburg Fair had decided to go along
with recommendations from a Department
of Homeland Security audit and announced
plans to ban firearms at the Fairgrounds.
      Then, after more than 800 Facebook
readers threatened to boycott the fair, the
powers that be did an about face and
decided that concealed firearms would be
permitted for people with “updated, proper
permits.”
     Based on last year's attendance of 416,613
I'm wondering if they'll do something on
behalf of the approximately  415,813 people
who didn't object to the ban?
     Maybe the Fair could get some additional
vendors to sell handguns and holsters so
everybody could be armed? I don't think you
need a permit if your firearm is promintly
displayed.
     I admit to being a little confused as to
why anyone would want to bring a gun to
a "County Fair." They already have those
neat rifles, even machine guns, that shoot a
stream of BBs into a tiny red star as marksmen
try to win a Teddy Bear or whatever they're
pushing as a prize these days. I never could
shoot out the whole star to their satisfaction.
     Of course there was that Ferris Wheel
incident at the Wyoming County Fair the
other day. If those stranded passengers had
been armed they could have fired into the
air to call for help! I'm not sure if the
operator of that ride would have been happy
to have them armed!
     I'm also wondering how poor old Wyatt
Earp would have handled Tombstone if
he had to deal with today's controversies.
Heck, the 2nd Amendment was a lot
fresher in everyone's heads back then!
Of course Bloomsburg may be tougher
than Tombstone.
     I'm not planning to go to the Fair this
year. But if enough people decide to bring
their Glocks to the Midway maybe I'll
consider opening my own stand next year.
     I could sell bullet proof vests!
     Hope you'll "get the lead out," get to
the Fair, and that all of your NEWS is
good!
   








No comments:

Post a Comment