Friday, September 20, 2013

Bar Hopping!

     SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 21st


      My wife and I found ourselves in two
bars in as many nights.
      For those who don't know us all that
well this revelation should come as a
shock!
     Consider the fact that my wife's typical
drink order is "Water with lemon but no ice.
I'm the one that drinks the hard stuff. Either
Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi. I will admit to
having a regular Coke once during the past
week and a half.
     It's not that I'm against drinking. I have
enjoyed a glass of wine from time to time.
     I just don't happen to like the taste of
Beer.
     So how is it that we found ourselves
surrounded by drinkers for two straight
nights?
    Well, on Thursday, we took advantage
of a delicious special of Pulled Pork at a
neighborhood bar in Dunmore. The fact
that our niece, an excellent Chef, was
preparing the meal had us rushing for those
bar stools!
    Last night we joined another crowd at
a local establishment which was playing
host to a reunion of former WILK radio
employees!
    Ironically there was not a microphone
to be found. That's too bad.
    The stories we recalled were funny and,
in some cases, enough to drive a man to
drink! It's surprising  how many stories
know by media people never made it to
the media!
    How great to spend an evening with
old friends and colleagues and to share
laughs, stories, memories, and a drink
or two...even if it was water or Diet
Coke!
    Here's a toast to good friends, and
good NEWS to all!
















   

No comments:

Post a Comment