Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Paddlin Madelin Home!


    The title and melody of this ancient tune came
to mind yesterday as I watched a variety of boaters
take to the lake for one last Summer day on the
water.
    I'm sure that many will be back for more before
old man winter sets in. But Labor Day always marks
the unofficial end to summer even if many schools
have seen fit to end it on their terms.
    There's no shortage of Pontoon boats on the
lake where we've set up our family camper for the
past ten years or so.
     Bass boats are plentiful too as anglers send their
days whizzing to their favorite hot spot in the hope
they'll hook the catch of the day!
     I recently sold my motorized fishing vessel.
     I have an old motor still stored away at our
campground. But the Pontoon boat it used to
propel was also put on the market and sold a couple
years ago.
      I sometimes wish I still had those power boats.
      But only for a moment.
      As I watched the lake yesterday I noted smiles
on the faces of folks sailing by in kayaks, paddle
boats, canoes, and, yes, even my grand kids in my
8 foot Jon Boat.
      "Paddlin" seems pleasing to a lot of people
who don't feel the need to speed through the water....
or life.
       And, as pointed out in another old song, when
it comes to a rowboat...."At least it will go when I
row, row, row."
       Hope your waters are smooth and that all your
NEWS is good!    

























































No comments:

Post a Comment