Monday, September 23, 2013

Who Called Off Summer?

    
   What's with all this Autumnal Equinox stuff?
And all these announcements that Summer has
ended! I'm not buying it!
    I mean, let's look at the arguments.
   First, the word "equinox." It's Latin. And
everybody knows Latin is a dead language. So
it shouldn't count.
    Next we're told the days, henceforth, are
going to get shorter. But we all know there are
24 hours in a day.....no matter when you have
it.
   OK. Maybe there will be a little less light
each day. But what if we all leave our
porch lights on? Maybe we can make up for
what we lose in sunlight.
    As far as those leaves changing color, maybe
if we start right away, we can use green spray
paint and keep them green a lot longer!
     I, for one, refuse to surrender. At least for
 a little while.
     Temperatures may have hovered around
60 when that Autumnal Equinox rolled through
at 4:44PM Sunday (by the way I didn't notice
anything happening) but the top on my Miata
was still down at that very moment!
     I checked a couple forecasts on line and
there were little sunshine symbols everyday
during the coming week and temperatures
above 72 which, I have always been told, is
room temperature! That's good enough for
me!
     And we still have "Indian" , or has that
been changed to "Native American," Summer
to anticipate!
     So...that settles it! Summer ends when I
say so..at least around this BLOG!
     Hope you've got some suntan lotion left
and that all your NEWS is good!











































No comments:

Post a Comment