Sunday, September 15, 2013

Keep A Lid On It!

               BLOG FOR SEPT 16TH

      I was one of those people who fell into
the Kennedy craze during the 60's when the
President was seldom seen wearing a hat. The
Hat Industry must have hated the guy!
      I find myself buying and wearing hats a lot
 more these days. Thankfully its not to hide a
bald head. I've still got a good crop of hair on
top. But, somehow, the originally blond turned
to brown which has now morphed into gray.
      My hat collection has grown a lot!
      It usually features Baseball style chapeaus
bearing the logos of places I've been, teams
I've liked, and companies that give away.....
you guessed it....Free Hats!
      They've protected me from rain and snow
as well as keeping that gray hair from blowing
all over the place when the sun is out and the
top is down in the Miata.
       I was really disappointed when, during
my recent tour of Canada, I left one of my
favorites, my Greek Fisherman's hat, in a
bus in Quebec.
       I sent an email to the company the moment
I returned explaining exactly where I left the
cap and the name of our guide that day.
      The company wrote back to tell me they
were not able to find it.
       I suspect they didn't look hard enough or
that someone in Quebec is now wearing a
Greek Fisherman's hat. Probably a French
speaking bus driver!
       It was the second one of the type and color
(black)  I owned. The first is now a bit
(my wife says a lot) worn and crumpled. The
one I left on the bus was a replacement I
purchased in San Francisco a few years ago.
        Knowing how much I liked it my
daughter ordered a new one as an early
Birthday present. It arrived in time for a
dinner we shared on Sunday. Unfortunately
it was the wrong size. My daughter, as most
of you would have done, figured I had a big
head and ordered accordingly.
        We stopped by a local hat store to see
if we could figure out the proper size (seems
they don't actually have anything with which
to measure your head) and we think we may
have found the approximate measurement.
        The gift hat is being sent back to exchange
for one a few sizes smaller so I expect to have it
back on my head in a week or so. That will give
me time to learn a little Greek. I already have
the fishing gear!
         Hope you remember to remove your cap
indoors and that all your NEWS is good!   

























































No comments:

Post a Comment