Monday, September 9, 2013

If You're Tired Walking...Just Keep On Walking!


  And so, after the trail of terror I wrote about in my
last BLOG, and a good night's sleep, what did we do?
   Yep. We went for another walk!
   This time, however, we insisted on a trail a little
more tame. We found it not far from the cottage where
we're staying.
    This was one of those trails where it's impossible to
take a bad picture. It wound its way through a wooded
area onto a rocky coastline.
     Vinalhaven is famous for it's granite and we walked
across vast sections with mist from the water and
wind from a Canadian cold front cooling us along the way.
      A few hills. But no mountains to climb this time out.
And that was just fine with us.
      It's like going back in time here.
      Virtually no cell phone service. There's a small
aircraft that flies over every day. I'm told that's the
Mail plane. And my contact with you, via my BLOG,
is thanks to a WiFi system located  inside
a tiny but classic Library Building. Except it didn't
work last time I tried. People still hang their
laundry on clothes lines around here. They actually dry
that way. Imagine that!
    Who knows what today will bring? I'm afraid to ask!
    Hope you have a great day and that all your NEWS
is good!


     .

No comments:

Post a Comment