Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Roadside Sightings!


     My wife and I took to the road again yesterday.
With a sunny sky and temperatures in the high 60's
the Miata top was down and we were on our way!
     I was headed towards World's End State Park
where, 45 years ago this Sunday, my wife and I
were engaged! She OK'ed the ride anyway.
     The view from the scenic lookout there is
fantastic! On a clear day, and it was, you can see
mountains 20 miles away.
     But we also saw some neat things right along
the roadside!
     There was, for instance, a garage totally
covered with old License plates! All sorts of States
were represented although Pennsylvania and
New York seemed to outnumber the rest. A few
were plates bearing the names and logos of
schools and products. This collector has saved
himself a few bucks on siding! I'd like to have
seen his house too!
     We spotted some deer on a path just outside
a church in Eagle's Mere! I couldn't tell if they
were coming or going from service. But they
didn't seem at all bothered to have us pull up
and take a couple snap shots!
     There were other animals in a field nearby.
 I took a picture of a couple of old goats
(animals that is) I saw there. But I stopped
short of photographing some of the sheep
sharing the grass. That's because I thought I
saw a home owner peaking out a window.
      This was God's Country. But he isn't
the only one who lives there and many of the
others that do are know to collect Windchesters
and Remingtons in addition to sheep and goats!
      I happen to catch a glimpse of a used car
too. I will admit it's not unusual to see pre
owned vehicles along the road. But 50's vintage
Studebakers are not all that common these
days. The Pickers might have enjoyed this
trip.
     But I've got to wonder how many of
today's "kids" would have seen any of the
above? Texting and "Angry Birds" seem to
take a lot of eyes off the wonders to be seen
right out the window!
     Hope you're paying attention and that all
your NEWS is good!







































No comments:

Post a Comment