Saturday, November 2, 2013

Close Out?


    Whops! Sorry. That should read "Clothes Out!"
    It all started yesterday when my wife suggested
we go shopping to find some new shirts for our
upcoming trip to Bransom.
    I countered by explaining I already have too
many shirts to fit in the drawer space allotted to me.
    She suggested we have a look to see if, perhaps,
some of those I had tucked away might be old and
faded.
     Since I was sure all of shirts were fine I accepted
the challenge. Bad move!
     I will admit the exploration was interesting.
I hadn't seen some of those T or dress shirts in a very
long time. Some of that problem may stem from my
inability to fold shirts exactly the way they're suppose
to be folded. Hey! I never took "Home Economics!"
     But in spite of the wrinkles I was still sure all of
that clothing was absolutely needed. Until, that is, we
took a closer look.
      Turns out some of the shirts go back to my 3X days
and, while in good condition, look a lot like a tent on
me now. A couple others hadn't been worn on me since,
well maybe, never!
     If it were up to me I probably would have kept
everything.....just in case. It wasn't. Up to me that is.
     So my loss will result in a fresh supply of clothing at
the Salvation Army Thrift Store and a whole bunch of
clothes hangers for my wife. (I believe that's what she
was after all along!)
     Hope you significant other doesn't need closet space
and that all your NEWS is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment