Saturday, November 30, 2013

He's Here!

    BLOG FOR SUNDAY DEC 1ST.

   Santa came to Plains Township Saturday!
   Our community welcomed him with
temperatures befitting his home at the North
Pole. Still hundreds of kids anxious to see him,
accompanied by parents who probably would
have preferred to be somewhere a lot warmer,
formed a reception line a full hour before the
big fellow actually arrived.
    Mr. Kringle's annual pre Christmas to our
town is facilitated by our Township Lions
Club.
    If your community doesn't have one I'd
suggest putting one on your Christmas list!
    The club cares about children as much as
Santa himself. And not just at Christmas!
    The Plains Lions provides stockings filled
with treats for the kids when Santa arrives, offers
hundreds of prizes during its annual Easter Egg
Hunt, and recently organized a "Trunk or
Treat" Halloween event to provide a lot of
goodies as well as a safe environment to
youngsters to celebrate Halloween!
     After the Santa Parade members
headed to a small tract of land known locally as
"The Brick." It's Plain's version of the town
square. When all the decorating is done it will
highlight a downtown district already lined with
Christmas lights. It really puts everyone in a
Christmas mood!
     I was happy Santa was able to accept the
Lion's invitation. I got as close as I could to get
some good photos. And, as long as I was there,
I might have mentioned that I have been very
good and will be forwarding my somewhat
extensive gift request list within a week. I told
him I was willing to sit on his lap and give him
all the particulars. But he said he'd rather just wait
for my list to come in the mail. Either way!
      Hope he's got everything in his workshop and
that all your NEWS is good!
      






No comments:

Post a Comment