Saturday, November 23, 2013

Sometimes You Feel Like A Nut!


   Well it's here. The day you've been waiting for.
Or maybe not.
    This is National Cashew Day!
    These nuts are actually native to Brazil. The
Portuguese exported them during the 16th century.
     I bought our latest batch at the Christmas Tree
Shop. It was one of those things I didn't set out to
buy. The can just sat there looking good.
     And who could resist a product turned out by
the "Superior Nut Company?"
     I did a little research and was surprised by what
I found!
     Did you know that parts of the cashew tree can
be used for medicinal and manufacturing purposes?
     Acid from the cashew nutshells is effective in
healing tooth abscesses and the tree's seeds can be
ground up into a powder and used as an antivenom
for snake bites. I hate snakes! Maybe that's why I
like cashews!?
     Turns out they're even good for your car!
     The oil from the nutshells is used in brake linings
 as well as in rubber and plastic materials.
      And here, all this time, I've been buying them
because they tasted so good! Nutty isn't it?
      Be sure to mark the date on your calendar. It's
an annual celebration!
      Hope you cash in on Cashew Day and that all 
your NEWS is good!











No comments:

Post a Comment