Saturday, November 30, 2013

Selling Like Hotcakes!


    I never even got to those Thanksgiving
Leftovers I wrote about yesterday! My
wife reminded me about another holiday
tradition we refuse to miss!
    Every year volunteers at the Unityville
Community Fire Company fire up their
grills and begin the process of cooking up
3,000 pounds of sausage and a never
ending number of Buckwheat pancakes
to raise funds for their department.
    What's especially unusual about this
food fest is the fact the company serves
this all you can eat delight continuously
from Friday morning till Sunday night!
That means you can show up at 2 in the
morning if it fits your schedule and chow
down on the best pancakes and sausage
you ever tasted.
    And it's more than just a fund raiser. It's
a community happening!
   Customers come from all around. The
firemen do the cooking. And their wives,
daughters and grand daughters do a
fantastic job making sure there's a constant
supply of food on the tables where serving
is "family style."
   You never know who you'll run into. Except,
maybe, me and my family. We always come
at least once.
   There will be a few others too! They expect
to serve as many as 5,000 people each year.
    I hope I've left enough for the rest of the
folks who come out! Hope you'll be among
them and that all of your NEWS is good!
    




No comments:

Post a Comment