Thursday, November 28, 2013

Home Movies!


    My wife and I spent a busy Thanksgiving
Eve at home yesterday.
    While she wrapped the turkey in bacon, a
tradition originated and endorsed by our
grand children, I took on the task of trying to
organize my home movies.
    When I realized the scope of the task it
occurred to me there was a fair chance the
bird would be stuffed and fully cooked
before I'd be done.
    Allow me to explain. My movies, now
transferred to dvd's, begin with copies of 8
mm film from around 1945 or so.
    I followed my Dad's lead and shot a lot
of film until video tape came along. Then I
shot a lot more!
    One of my nieces once described me as the
uncle with one eye and a viewfinder!
    Yesterday I tried to arrange by movies by
year and, where possible, by months. They're
not all marked as good as they ought to be! 
     It wasn't till I loaded my new cabinet that I
realized just how many videos I've produced
over those years. Steven Spielberg might be
impressed!
    By rough count I have some 564 dvd's. Most
of them have two hours of video. That's some
1128 hours! At that rate you can stop by and
watch my home movies for 47 days straight!!!
That's even longer that Gone With The Wind!
    Of course that doesn't count what I'll be
shooting today!
    Hope you'll bring the pop corn and that all
your NEWS is good! Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment