Monday, November 11, 2013

The Board Of Directors


     I've learned quickly that Branson is a
vacation destination filled with tourist
attractions, museums, and fantastic shows
and entertainment.
     But Branson is also know for its
shopping!
     In addition to its popular "old" downtown
area featuring a classic 5 and 10 store I've
already mentioned, the city features a modern
mall-like area called "The Landing." It's built
along a lake front with shops of every kind
you can imagine. And a few you might never
have thought of.
     During our visit, with temperatures getting
well into the mid 60's, there are Christmas
decorations everywhere and popular carols
playing through the every present sound system.
     It was here I learned about the "Board of
Directors."
     Our Bus driver pointed out what seemed to
be an excessive number of benches spread
throughout the shopping districts."That", he said,
"is where all the men hand out while their wives
go into all the stores!
     Sure enough, after two days in town I can
testify that the benches are filled, mostly with
men, and that I have now joined the Board!"
     Hope my wife remembers on which bench
she left me and that all your NEWS is good!





1 comment:

  1. Please clarify, where is this place (which state)? Sorry I missed some of your past blogs. Looks very relaxing. Big question: is golf available?

    ReplyDelete