Sunday, November 24, 2013

What Was That?!


     We were headed out to enjoy an early
evening dinner at Coopers Seafood in
Pittston.
     It was already dark and the cold wind
made it seem like winter had already
arrived. That thought was reinforced by
the arrival of Santa earlier in the day.
     We were just about at the city limit
when it came!
      "It" was a white wall of snow twisting
like a tornado that suddenly appeared out
of nowhere! A block behind us there had
been nothing!
      The street ahead seemed to disappear.
       I had heard about the possibility of
snow flurries. But this squall gave me the
impression I had just driven into the
route of the Polar Express!
       I don't know if it followed Santa here.
But if that's the case, he can head back to the
pole to finish his work. I'll be happy to wait
until his scheduled appearance on December
25th!
       Much more of it and I'd be sending for
Rudolph myself to guide my sleigh, that is
van, through the blinding snow.
       I'm still not sure how we found the turn
towards or entrance to the restaurant, But
it proved a welcome port to the storm!
      Thankfully the blast of snow seemed to
go as quickly as it had come! It did leave a
sort of calling card on top of the car!
       Hope your route is clear, your house
is warm, and that all your NEWS is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment