Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Kid's List

 
   Sometimes Grandparents get a
chance to look over their grand kid's
Christmas Wish lists before they
ever get to Santa.
   But the question is, can they read
them?
   These days they're likely to include
things such as Iphones, Ipads, and
Tablets. Or MP3's and music
downloads. I thought an MP was
a Military Policeman! And tablets
were those headache pills Bayer
sells.
   Times have sure changed since the
days when I was a kid!
    I remember waiting, with great
anticipation, for the new Lionel
Train Catalog every year. You could
be sure one of those classic steam
locomotives or, perhaps, a
Streamliner Diesel would be on my
Christmas list!
   And, yes, a BB gun, Red Rider or
not, would probably make that list.
    These days electric trains have
been replaced by electric gadgets
that allow kids to text their friends,
make phone calls, take pictures or
search the world wide web.
    Back in my day that would have
required my own telephone, a
Kodak camera, and a full set of the
Encyclopedia Britannica!
    Usually the younger the
grandchild the easier the gift!
    If they're 7 or under, for instance,
you can be sure something from "Frozen"
will be a big hit under the tree this year.
    But two of my grand daughters
are in there teens now. So the old
standby, a doll, just won't cut it
anymore. Grannie will be of great
help with these two!
    If you're a smart grandparent you
will have a written list of reasons at
your disposal as to why a Pet is not
a good idea as a Christmas gift!  
     My grandson wanted a Gecko
this year. At first I thought he wanted
some sort of insurance policy. He's
only eleven!
    Actually he was interested in the
small lizard represented by the
character in those well known
commercials. I'm not sure there is
a local Lizard shop.
    Fortunately, or not, he found one
that needed to be adopted well before
we were confronted with it on his
Christmas list!  Scratch the Gecko!
    Oh well. I'm sure we'll come up
with something for him and all the
others. Santa, and grandparents always
do!
    


  



No comments:

Post a Comment