Monday, December 22, 2014

PLAYING CHICKEN!


    Two cars racing towards a cliff
or each other! The first one to swerve
is the "chicken"........ or the loser!
     Of course it doesn't have to be
cars. Any sort of head on challenge
can be considered a game of chicken!
     We found ourselves in the game
yesterday as I, and several family
members, went out to lunch.
     Somebody spotted a sign that
Popeye's had opened a new
restaurant in our area.
     My immediate thoughts were of
that sailor man I used to see in the
movie cartoons. The thought of a
Spinach Restaurant didn't seem very
appealing to me. But the rest of my
gang said this Popeye's featured a
Louisiana style chicken.
      It seems to me that Popeye and
Colonel Sanders are playing Chicken!
Each chain claims to offer the best
chicken available. It's Popeye's
Louisiana recipe vs. the Colonel's
Kentucky blend of 11 herbs and
spices!
      The Grand opening crowd
at Popeye's seemed to suggest its
victory over KFC in a recent national
taste test was legitimate.
       The results might have been a
little different had I taken part! I
quickly discovered that the Louisiana
recipe is a code for Cajun cooking.
And that, of course, is code for spicy!!!!
       I'm not big on spicy foods. When
my grand daughter noticed that my
eyes were red and watering we both
understood where the name "Popeye"
came from!
       To be fair I think most people who
jammed into the place loved the menu.
       As for me, the Colonel is still in
command! Hope he doesn't Chicken
out...and that all your NEWS is good!










.
  





No comments:

Post a Comment