Sunday, December 7, 2014

A Tree For All Seasons!


  Well, like a lot of you out there I've been
spending a lot of time working on a tree
these past few days.
   But mine doesn't have any ornaments or
tinsel!
   A friend helped me set up a family
tree through ancestory.com and it's
been growing quite rapidly!
    I have all kinds of records on my
Mom's family that go back before the
Revolutionary War.
    But I never knew much about my
Dad's family besides him, his brother,
and sisters. I never knew my grand
father and my grandmother died when
I was only 2 or 3.
    Now, within just a couple of days,
I've discovered my great grand father's
and great grandmother's names. I've
even found the town in Italy where
our DeCosmo family originated.
    And a few family connections are
starting to pop up like twinkling
lights on your Christmas tree!
     I haven't seen any connections to
Vito Corleone so far. But who knows
what, or who, will turn up eventually!
 Maybe they'll be a King in there
someplace. Maybe I'm in line for
Godfather! Or a family treasure that's
been unclaimed!  Talk about presents
under a tree!!!!!!
     I've even come up with a photo of
my grandfather and more than one
person has suggested we resemble
each other. Of course it's been a long
time since I sported a bow tie!
      Hope none of my ancestors left
unpaid bills...and that all of your
NEWS is good!

   (Michael DeCosmo 1860-1926)
 
      
 

No comments:

Post a Comment