Monday, December 1, 2014

How Santa Left Me Blue!


   It's true! Even though he's well know as
a "Jolly old Elf" Santa came to my town
on Saturday and left me blue!
   I didn't mind the fact the stockings
he handed out, filled with all kinds of
goodies, were only meant for the kids.
   I wasn't upset with the loud sirens that
heralded his arrival.
   And I was very happy to see the mascot
of the Plains Lions Club greeting everyone!
The club volunteers are the ones that
schedule Santa's arrival every year.
   But it was clear to me, and to hundreds
of parents and kids who stood in line,
that Santa needs a GPS!
   I am totally amazed by the fact that
this guy who circles the entire world each
Christmas Eve couldn't navigate his way
through my Township to be at his appointed
place at 10am!
   Under normal circumstances I'd be willing
to cut him a break. Maybe Rudolph needed
to stop for a snack. Maybe one of the elves
needed a rest stop.
    But Saturday, as some of you may recall,
temperatures were in single digits in some
spots! I was apparently standing in one of
those spots waiting for Santa's arrival.
    My gloves removed to allow video taping,
my hands quickly reminded me how quickly
frost bite sets in! The rest of me was already
to numb to notice!
    As glad as I was to see him arrive, I was
happier still to get my video and head for
the warmth of my car!
    And that, my friends, is how Santa left
me "blue." Fortunately, after a hour or two
of warning myself at home,my natural
color returned!
     Hope he'll be faster December 24th, and
that all your NEWS is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment