Thursday, December 18, 2014

It's A Major Award!!!!!!!


   It's really neat to win something! That's
especially true when you didn't even know
you were in the game!
   Two weeks ago a Facebook buddy sent
me a personal message to tell me I had
been voted "Best Blogger" in the annual
"Best Of 2014" competition run by the
Diamond City entertainment publication!
    I immediately assumed there had been
some mistake. He had to be talking about
some other guy named David.
    He assured me that was not the case.
He told me a number of you who read
this daily commentary had actually
voted for me! And, as I said, I wasn't
aware I had even been nominated.
    Both my parents have been gone for
a number of years and, since it is very
unlikely my wife would vote for me, I
must assume some of you actually
took the time to endorse my daily
ramblings. For that, I humbly thank
you!
    I'm hardly a Diamond in the rough
so, linked with all the other winners I
see, I will simply consider myself a
"Rough in the Diamond." (Diamond
City that is.)
    There's a party for all the winners
in January when we'll get our awards.
I wonder if mine could be a Bowling
Alley!?
    The "Best Of 2014 List" can be
found on line or in the current
issue of Diamond City.
     Hope you'll consider writing me
in for a Pulitzer too, and that all your
NEWS is good.













Best Local Author David Parmelee
Best Local Blogger Dave DeCosmo
Best Local Comedian Scott Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment