Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Snow Day?


   My wife has been contemplating the
moment when our Christmas decorating
supplies would be hauled out of the shed.
   So I wasn't totally surprised when, after
hearing predictions of an impending snow
and sleet storm, she choose yesterday to
do the deed!
   It started innocently enough. I saw her
grab the shed keys then disappear out the
front door.
   A short  time later, as I sat by my laptop
enjoying TV and the warm floor vent
near my feet, the door reopened and my
wife asked...."How would you feel about
carrying the Christmas boxes onto the
porch?"
    "Why I've been anxious to get to that"
I replied. Let's face it. Any other reply
would still have ended with me hauling
the boxes!
    Most all of our decorations spend a
little over 10 months of each year
stored in huge plastic containers. My
wife seems to know exactly what is in
each of them and in what order they're
to be stacked, opened, and unpacked.
    With the exception of transporting
them between the shed and the porch
I become her biggest helper by staying
out of the way.
    Her timing, as usual, turned out to
be near perfect. By the time the final
box was deposited on the porch snow
was clearly visible on Joseph's
shoulders in our outside Nativity
scene.
    Then, as I returned to the TV and
began creating this blog, our tiny
living room slowly began to take on
the look of Rockefeller Center at
Christmastime. Tis the season!
     Hope I manage to stay out of the
way and that all your NEWS is good.




No comments:

Post a Comment