Friday, February 6, 2015

A Quarter Note


   We're going back to Pittston for today's
Blog my friends. I just can't resist the urge!
The city's parking meters are crying out
for commentary!
    I got as close as I could to one of those
meters yesterday. A snow pile, two feet
wide and nearly as deep, still lines the
curbs.
    I didn't mind trudging through the snow.
I was headed into the Y for some exercise
anyway. And, being a law abiding citizen,
I had my quarters ready to cover an hour
in my parking spot.
    But it seems these meters don't like the
snow or cold weather! They didn't seem
to be working,,,,,,at least not in the way
they're designed to work!
     I thought about leaving a note. But,
thinking they might become operational
at any time, I and a woman using the spot
in front of me, inserted our quarters in the
slot. They just sort of sat there. Unwilling
to actually drop in.
     This way, we figured, if the meters
fired up and the meter man came by, we'd
be safe.
      An hour later I returned to find the
meters still off line and, thankfully, no
ticket on my car.
      The lady who had pulled up ahead
of me came back about the same time.
Since the parking meters weren't up and
running we decided to retrieve our
quarters.
      That's when we discovered that
even though the meters didn't seem to
want our money.....they were not
willing to return it!
       Those quarters we inserted were
in just far enough to make their removal
impossible...unless you carried a
tweezers which might give you a fighting
chance.
      So, I guess, in a sense the meters did
work. The city gets my quarter, instead of
a note, and I got the parking space...less the
snow pile,,,,for the time I needed.
     Hope they put my quarter to good use,
maybe fixing their meters, and that all of
your NEWS is good!        




No comments:

Post a Comment