Sunday, February 22, 2015

Snow Birds.


       Ask most anybody and you'll probably
tell you Snow Birds are those folks from the
northeast who spend half the year at home
and the other half in Florida. You can guess
which half is spent where!
       Yesterday, though, I spotted a whole
lot of Snow Birds. And they weren't anywhere
near Disney World!
       As the latest snow fell around my house
the real Snow Birds showed up right outside
my kitchen window!
       That where my wife has set up two
containers that hold seed and bread. It's
always a popular stop for neighborhood
birds. But I didn't think they'd snow up with
the snow coming down. Wrong!
       Several different kinds of birds turned
out for the feast. My wife can tell one breed
from the other. I'm not prejudice. But they
all look pretty much the same to me.
        It's neat to see them feasting. I do worry
about the ones that land on the ground or,
rather, the snow to pick up fallen scraps.
         We still have an abundance of
unattended cats around that are looking for
a feast of their own.
         Maybe I'll get lucky and an Eagle
will stop by, ignore the seed, and pick up
a cat or two! I wonder how I can attract
a couple Eagles?
         Hope the birds get their fill and
that all of your NEWS is good!






No comments:

Post a Comment