Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Write On!


     I got my last Christmas card yesterday.
Well, to be more accurate, it was really
a Christmas letter.
     My good buddy has been sending out
a Christmas family letter for the past 45
years.
      It's not only a holiday greeting. It's
an update on his immediate family and
a month by month review of their year.
      I've come to look forward to the
correspondence and, in some respects,
judge my own success by the number
of times I show up in his letter. By the
way I did rather well last year! I think
my name came up three or four times!
      It came complete with three pages
of family photos as well! 
      My friend likes to write. I believe
it was he, in a previous life, who actually
authored "War and Peace."
       Ironically I have been totally
unsuccessful in my attempts to get him
to use Facebook where, in fact, he could
keep me, as well as other friends and
family members up to date on a day by
day basis......without using one sheet of
paper. And avoid the huge postage bill he rings
up with his annual multi page publication.
      Still, whatever the vehicle, it's so
great to keep in touch with a friend I've
know since grade school days.
       Got to go now. I still have to read page
three!
        Hope I can finish today and that all
your NEWS is good!








   

No comments:

Post a Comment