Saturday, February 28, 2015

Ooops!


     My wife can do almost anything!
     She spins wool. She cooks. She
cleans. She works with tools, although
part of her strategy in that case is to
make sure tools don't fall into my hands.
She does jig saw and crossword puzzles
that I won't go near.
    She can do nearly everything. With
one exception!
    My wife cannot handle shredded
cheese!
     Many people, my brother-in-law
and one close friend immediately come
to mind, have a compulsion about
adding shredded cheese to whatever
Italian dish they're eating. Keep in mind
that dishes of that sort tend to come
covered in cheese as they're served.
      And yet those of whom I speak
will take a table cheese dispenser,
remove the lid, and pour its contents
liberally over their food.
      My wife does the same thing.
Except, in her case, here's usually
no food beneath the dispenser.
      When in the company of my
daughter my wife is not permitted
to handle any cheese in shredded
form. She has repeatedly
demonstrated her inability to hold
such a container without dumping
generous portions on the table or the
floor.
      Yesterday as I worked with my
laptop my wife prepared pizza for
dinner. As many of you may already
be aware, pizza is already topped
with cheese.
      But, unbeknownst to me, my
wife grabbed a container cheese
so add to her side of the pie. I don't
know how much, if any, actually
reached the pizza. But our kitchen
floor now has the distinct aroma
of Parmesan.
       Hope we can keep the mice
away and that all your NEWS is
good!



    

No comments:

Post a Comment