Tuesday, February 3, 2015

"The Shadow Knows!"


      Most of us didn't need a
Groundhog to predict six more weeks
of winter when we looked outside
yesterday. There's enough snow
around to last at least six more weeks!
      Still, chances are, most of us
listened for reports from Punxsutawney
Pennsylvania to hear what our famous
prognosticator was predicting.
      Phil is the man! Well, in this case,
the Groundhog! He's world famous!
      Unfortunately imitators are
popping up all over the place trying
to steal his thunder....or shadow.
      New York State has Malvern
Mel and Staten Island Chuck.
       Balzac Billy is from Alberta,
Canada.
       Then there's  General Beauregard
Lee in Georgia, Woody the Woodchuck
in Michigan, Buckeye Chuck in Ohio,
French Creek Freddie in West Virginia,
Shubenacadie Sam in Nova Scotia, and
Wiarton Willie in Ontario, Canada.
       Maybe, since weather varies so much
from one area to another, we need one
in each location to know how much winter
that area last left! You know, a localized
forecast!
        It just so happens I have a Groundhog
of my own! I've seen him numerous times
right across the street in my neighbor's
yard. I call him (or her) The Groundhog!
       Unfortunately we've got so much snow
around here I can't see the Groundhog, let
alone its shadow! I suspect I'm in for six
more weeks!
         Hope I'm wrong and that all your
NEWS is good!


       
      
   

No comments:

Post a Comment