Monday, February 2, 2015

The Empty Bowl!


   Seems there was some sort of Football
game yesterday. It must have been a big
deal because there were parties all over
the place, including one at my daughter's
house. A whole mess of us went to that
one and everybody brought food!
   My son-in-law set up three TV sets in
as many rooms. And each of the rooms
had food of some sort within arms reach!
I know. I was one of those doing the
reaching!
    Every now and then we all peeked at
the TV sets too. Then we'd eat some more!
    I'm told the Football game had a big
impact on our economy. Lots of pizza
places were busy all day and grocery
stores were jammed with people buying
food for all those parties I mentioned.
    Our party was free for the family and
friends who attended. Although I did
have to come up with twenty bucks just
after I came in. Strange. It had something
to do with a pool. But my daughter
doesn't have a pool. And it was too cold
for swimming anyway!
    Then, as each quarter and the game
itself ended some of our group was
cheering even if the team they were
rooting for wasn't winning. I think it
might have been because they got their
money back because they couldn't swim
in a pool.
     Somebody must have forgotten to
give me my refund.
     Anyhow, by the time the whole
thing was over our food bowl was empty.
     Hope you had a pool to get into and
that all your NEWS is good.
    




No comments:

Post a Comment