Friday, February 27, 2015

Read All About It!


     It's a great day to Read all
about it! In fact, it's "Read Me Day!"
     Read Me Day was started in
1986 by Frankie DeWees, a teacher
at East Hickman Elementary School
in Lyles, Tenn.
     The purpose of the event was to
celebrate the importance of reading.
      I like people who read. Especially
those who read my Blog!
     My wife reads all the time and I've
got a grand daughter who loves to
read.
     I don't read as much as I used to.
That may be because I seem to be
writing all the time. Of course I
usually do read what I've written. 
Usually.
    Many folks will tell you they
don't have time to read because they're
on the road all the time.
     I thought about that the other day
as we were driving to Binghamton
to meet some friends for lunch.
     I didn't have a book along. So
I decided to read some of the
Billboards. That was probably a
mistake.
    Some were instructional,
suggesting places where you might
stop in your travels.
     But more and more on them
refer you to web sites. My friend's
car has a lot of options.  But a 
laptop isn't one of them. That's
probably just as well. I'd rather
have him watching the road than
checking goggle for a web address.  
      So, by all means, pick out a
good book today and celebrate.
It beats a billboard any day! 
       Hope your reading glasses
are handy and that all your NEWS
is good!    



  

No comments:

Post a Comment