Monday, February 9, 2015

Ups And Downs!


  My grand daughter had some ups and
downs yesterday! Oh! Don't worry. Not
only was she expecting them, she
engineered them!
   You see she's a member of a local
gymnastics team called Zero Gravity!
    Yesterday we headed out to watch
her in competition. It was at a place
called Kennett Square.
    Judging from the route suggested
by my GPS I figured it was somewhere
near Texas. Actually it's closer to
Philadelphia.
    In any case my grand daughter and
her team mates took their turns
demonstrating their abilities on a
trampoline.
    Before you get this confused with
one of those back yard contraptions,
this is not a bouncing contest!These
young athletes get more "air" and have
more twists and turns than the Twister
coaster at Knoebels amusement park!
     Still, it looks like fun. I wouldn't
mind trying. It's just that I have this
fear of death!
      It's safer just to watch!
      And very rewarding when the
young folks step up on an Olympic-
like platform to receive their medals
and some well deserved applause.
     Come to think of it, even the
platform is too high for me! But
it's great to see this kids getting
up in the world....literally!
      It helps them keep their feet on
ground!
      Hope all your NEWS is good!







     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment