Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Movies Are Wetter Than Ever!


   It was Tuesday. We were all set to
ditch the cold and catch a movie at
our favorite theater. After all, as they
say,"Movies are better than ever!"
   Unfortunately our theater turned
out to be "wetter than ever."
   According to news reports a
broken sprinkler pipe flooded the
ticket lobby and the foyer at the
Cinemark Theaters in Moosic on
Monday. The same thing happened
to a multiplex theater in Dickson
City. That one reopened in short
order. Cinemark did not!
   Yesterday they got the mops and
fans out to clean up the mess. But
that meant the theaters, all 20 screens,
were dark!
    It would happen on Tuesday! That's
Discount Day! Plus, I had a coupon
for a free small fountain drink with
my popcorn purchase!
    I though the show was suppose
to go on!
    Ironically it was just after the
6pm news when the theater's web
site posted evening show times for
the current features. Apparently
they were preparing to reopen.
    By that time we had rented a
Redbox and I had popped my own
corn!
    Oh well. My coupon doesn't
expire till Midnight so maybe
I'll take in a flick today.
     Hope the seats are dry and that
all your NEWS is good.




No comments:

Post a Comment