Sunday, February 1, 2015

Spam A Lot


     My house is filled with spam.
99% of it comes in the email on
my computer. But this isn't about
that.
     Monty Python's hilarious play
has nothing to do with today's Blog
menu either. I just thought his title
fit well because I like ...Spam a lot!
     Even though the sun was shining
all day yesterday it was too cold to
venture outside except for a quick
trip to check the mail and put more
bread in the bird feeder.
     Then, after a few hours, I figured
if the birds were eating I should too.
     That's when I suddenly had a
craving for that often maligned
canned pork product that became a
big part of our GI's diets during World
War II.
     There seems to be no "half way"
when it comes to Spam. You either
like it or you hate it.
      I can't tell you when I developed
a taste for it. I wasn't in World War
II. Didn't even cover it.
     All I can tell you is that, every so
often, I develop a taste for a nice
Spam sandwich with just a dab or
two of mustard. And it often happens
on cold winter days when something
quick and hot really hits the spot!
     Think I'll add a few cans to my
Winter Blizzard "Must By" List!
      Hope you're got yours and that
all your NEWS is good!



   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment