Sunday, February 8, 2015

Doing Some Time Travel


    Some people will tell you
you can't go back in time. But I'd
have to disagree!
    My wife, daughter, two grand
kids and I got into our Time Machine
yesterday and headed back into the
1940's or there about.
    In our case the Time Machine
was my Mini Van and we found
the 40's, or evidence thereof, in
West Pittston!
    An old TV photographer
buddy had suggested the trip. He
knew I liked ice cream! That's why
he sent us to Ballyhoo's!
    It's an Ice Cream Parlor and
Candy Shop right out of the 40's
and early 50's!
    The candy counter is just like the
one I used to patronize in my old
Hazleton neighborhood. It was
filled with all kinds of candy, some
of which I didn't realize still existed!
    A couple of small booths are
reminiscent of the days when I guy
might take his girl on a date for an
ice cream soda and a candy treat.
     I enjoyed a Malt while I
listened to a tune by the Andrew
Sisters echoing through the parlor!
    The ice cream was great and the
candy selection plentiful, although
"penny candy" has come up a bit in
price!
      We enjoyed the place so much
we celebrated afterwards with a visit
to a local antique shop...in keeping
with the "theme" or our day!
       Hope you take time to go back in
time and that all your NEWS is good!






1 comment: