Thursday, September 17, 2015

A New Start!

     FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 18TH.
           
            A NEW START!

      I want to thank each and every one
of you who took a moment out of your
day to wish me a Happy Birthday
yesterday! I read every greeting and
tried to answer them all personally
although they started coming in faster
than I could reply!
      I've had some interesting Birthdays
over the years. I remember having our
tour group serenade me with "Happy
Birthday" as we arrived in Switzerland
a few years ago.
     Yesterday was a bit different. For
the first time in a lot of years I spent
the bulk of my day at home.
     You could say it was a Birthday
Blessing! My wife and I got to spend
the day watching my 6-week-old baby
Grandson! It was the first time he
visited Grandpa and Grannie's house.
     I'm not sure he was terribly impressed.
He slept a lot and didn't seem to have
anything to offer to the conversation.
     In between naps and feedings I read
your Birthday greetings, took a couple
phone calls from family and friends, and,
with the help of a magnifying glass, read
a Birthday card from my oldest and
closest friend. He enjoys filling in every
bit of available space on a card or letter.
So reading them is sometimes a challenge.
     This time it was the back side of the
envelope that caught my attention. Yes,
he writes there too!
      He reminded me that I was born on
a Thursday and that I was born at home.
That's probably because I wasn't sick
and didn't need a hospital.
       He also notes that, as of my Birthday,
I had lived 26, 663 days. I could use a
"do over" on a few of those!
       Hope the next 364 are happy and that
all your NEWS is good!

 
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment