Saturday, September 19, 2015

Moo Goo

  SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 20TH.

            MOO GOO

       Before all of you start speculating
the title of today's Blog does not reflect
the first "words" spoken by my 7-week-
old  grandson! He's still considering his
first comments.
       I don't know which came first. The
idea or the movie. But the first mention
of our hunger came while "55 Days At
Peking" was showing on Turner Movie
Classics.
       Whatever the impetus, we decided
to call out for Chinese. China Garden,
located in Plains Township, delivers in
our area and we have one of their menus
stored away near our phone. That seems
especially appropriate since it seems to
be as long as most of those old telephone
directories!
       Each item has Chinese characters
followed by their English counterparts.
Although many of the English names
still look like Chinese to me.
       One page features pictures of some
of the most popular dishes. That's where
we found the  "Moo Goo Gai Pan. And that
was only one of the exotic offerings." There
was "Happy Families," and "Dragon and
Phoniex" along what seemed like a hundred
offerings. I opted for the "Seafood Delight."  
       I only ate about half of my serving.
And, yes, I was hungry again an hour
later! So, I ate my Fortune Cookie! The
paper inside predicted..."Soon you will be
on top of the world." Guess I'm headed
for Everest! (Well there is a new movie
about the mountain!)
       Hope there's some ice cream in the
freezer and that all your NEWS is good!


      




No comments:

Post a Comment