Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Good Sports!

      WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH

                 GOOD SPORTS!

        I know the Labor Day weekend is
considered to be the unofficial end of our
Summer season. But I, for one, am a bit
confused as to just what season we're in.
       I'm not talking about our recent
"hot spell." I realize that will be just a
memory all too soon.
       I'm thinking more about sports
just now. I was honestly surprised to
hear a reporter comment that the
Rail Riders Baseball team had just
played their last home game! It just
doesn't seem like the regular season
should be over! But there's still
plenty to see......if you're a Good
Sport!
       On Saturday my wife and I
watched our grandson play his school's
first football game. Sunday's are
usually set aside for another
grandson's soccer games. And,
when possible, we show up to
watch a grand daughter cheer on
her Mini Football team.
       Yesterday we
took in our grand daughter's
Volleyball game then jumped in
the car and drove a few towns
away to catch another grand
daughter in a soccer game.
     And as we were arriving
at the first event at least two
other teams, I haven't the
slightest idea what sports they
represented, were getting on
busses to head out to other
competitions! We don't have
any kids on those teams. I
would have recognized them!
     It must be rough on the
kids playing in all that heat
But, we also fry who stand to
cheer! You may quote me.
     As far as I know nobody in
our family has signed up for
basketball so we should get
"Hoop Season" off.
     Hope you're a Good sport and
that all your NEWS is good!








    
    









No comments:

Post a Comment