Tuesday, September 1, 2015

You've Got A Friend In Me!

    WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2ND
                   
    YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND IN ME!

       Anybody who's see any of the
Toy Story movies will recognize the
song "You've Got A Friend In Me" as
the ongoing theme for the characters
Woody and Buzz Lightyear!
      Well I've got a few "characters"
on my Facebook Friends list too.
Since I first joined the social media
I've welcomed just about everyone
who sent me a "Friend request."
       I never stopped to actually
count those requests until I began
writing this Blog. As of this moment
I count 3,191 Friends on my
Facebook list! I probably actually
know about a hundred of those folks.
       I realized that many of those
who contacted me knew me from all
my years in radio and television. And,
in that sense, we were friends. I came
into their home, via the media, most
every day.
       Lately though I've become a
little more selective as to who's
Friend request I accept.
      Somehow I can't believe that
Laima Kvaraciejiene from
Vilnius Lithuania has ever seen me
on television. And I very much
doubt that any of my radio
broadcasts have ever reached Diletta
Luna in Villamagna...where ever
that is!
      A few of my newer "Friends"
have been removed from my list
nearly as quickly as the were
accepted when they sent personal
messages asking if I "had heard
the good news?" It's the Facebook
equivalent of those telephone
calls telling you it's your last chance
to cut the interest rate on your credit
card! You know. The call you get
two or three times each week!
       I've cut a few for using foul
language too. I've got no use for
that off or on the air.
       As for the rest of you I'm glad
you're still here! Hope you know
you've got a friend in me.....and that
all your NEWS is good!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment