Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Telemarket Tag

     WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16TH.

          TELEMARKET TAG

            I probably wouldn't even bother
  answering the telephone when the
  word "Anonymous" shows up on my
  Caller ID were it not for the fact one of
  my in laws calls come in that way. In
  my opinion the identification of everyone
  calling your home should be available.
           It's really no different than someone
  knocking at your front door. You want to
  know who's there! And you probably
  should before you open that door or, in
  this case, answer your phone.
          The calls usually come from
  telemarketers even though we're on the
  Do not call list. Still, the same people,
  or machines, keep dialing our number!
           Yesterday I threw caution to the
  wind and answered even though
  "Anonymous" showed up on the ID.
           A gentleman, and I truly use the
  terms loosely, began to ramble on in
  his foreign dialect about how my
  computer had a serious problem.
          Having gone through this once before
  several years ago I tried to interrupt his
  speech, asking that my number be put on
  his "Do not call list."  He continued as
  though he had never heard me and I,
  raising my voice, again called for the
  removal of my name from his list.
         That's when he chastised me for
  interrupting him and attempted, again,
  to go on with his script.
          When I told him not to call again
  he promised to continue to call me! Great
  public relations representative....not!
  When he fulfilled his promise and
  called again just three minutes later I
  decided a more pleasant greeting might
  be effective.
         And so, instead of hello, I simply
  said "FBI Philadelphia." There was no
  reply.
         Hope he doesn't call back...and that
  all your NEWS is good!



         

No comments:

Post a Comment