Saturday, September 12, 2015

Secrets Of A Grandpa

   SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 13TH

         Secrets Of A Grandpa
     
     I expected to be surrounded with
grandkids today and that's just fine by
me. We planned a gathering to mark
my grand daughter's 14th Birthday
which falls on the 14th and my ___th
birthday that comes around on the 17th.
     I would have filled in my age as well
but my laptop keyboard doesn't have
numbers that go that high.
     But there's another reason to celebrate!
 Today is National Grandparent's Day!
     It is an official holiday, which was
first observed in 1978. President
Jimmy Carter declared it to be the first
Sunday after Labor Day.
    Being a grandpa is very important to
me. That may be because I never knew
either of my grandfathers. Both of them
passed away many years before I was
born.
    I do have a photo of my Dad's
father and most people agree I bear a
resemblance to him. I like that.
    My wife and I have 6 wonderful
grandchildren. We try to be as
involved in their lives as we can.
That can help keep you "young." It
can also keep you very busy!
     For those of you thinking of
becoming grandparents there are
some secrets I should share.
      First, you'll have to have
children. And you'll have to keep
them till they're old enough to leave
home. Grandkids, on the other hand,
can be borrowed for a day or so and
then sent home.
      Second, you'll need to keep some
basic supplies around for the grandkids.
You should be OK with milk, Oreos,
and Chicken nuggets.
       Old games like Battleship and
checkers can be used for entertainment.
If you haven't got those or something
similar make sure you have a TV
service that gets Sponge Bob. (Although
somehow I can't seem to imagine my
grandfather and I sitting down to
watch Sponge Bob!)
       If you run out of supplies or
your television goes on the blink
have no fear. Give them your time
and your love and you'll get it back
six fold!
       Happy Grandparent's Day. Hope
you enjoy it and that all your NEWS
is good!
  
    
                 
      

  

No comments:

Post a Comment