Saturday, September 5, 2015

Global Warming

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH.

    GLOBAL WARMING!

    I am convinced! We are going
through Global warming!
    Yesterday was September 5th.
I have no idea what the official
temperature was. But I sat with
my wife and several family members
in Meyers Stadium watching Holy
Redeemer defeat Holy Cross. And
had I had a meat thermometer
stuck in my hat it undoubtedly
would have read "Done!"
    The sun blazed down through a
cloudless sky and, as we spectators
sat on the bright aluminum
bleachers, if was as if we were
pop corn ready to explode inside
the microwave.
     My wife was smart enough to
bring an umbrella. No one dared
joke about the possibility of rain
as she, and possibly one other
woman, were the only ones
sitting in shade! Unfortunately
for me it was a small umbrella
and I was only lucky enough to
catch an occasional shadow now
and then.
     My number 40 suntan oil was
probably only good enough for
the first quarter. I believe it may
have started to boil three minutes
into the second.
     Several miles away one of
my grand daughters was on
another hot field playing Soccer!
     But, as heated as it got in
those stands, one glance at my
grandson, his team, and their
opponents in helmets and full
gear running up and down that
field reminded me of my High
School days when I resigned
my position as a Manager of
the Football team to take a job
with the Stage Crew in the
air conditioned auditorium!
     By the way, we won 21 to
0! Hope I can cool down now
and that all your NEWS is
good!


 

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment