Thursday, September 24, 2015

It's A Jungle Out There!

  FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25TH.

 IT'S A JUNGLE OUT THERE!

      I awoke to what sounded like
a tank not far from my house. For
just a moment I though we were
under attack. Like in that movie
Red Dawn!
     Bu why would anybody
attack my neighborhood? Unless
it was some kind of brigade set
out to capture feral cats...in which
case I would immediately enlist!
    Whatever was roaring its engine
close by, someone had fired it up
about 7am. As most of my regular
readers already know I don't accept
mornings that begin before 8:30 or
9am!
    I carefully glanced out the window
and found that it was the nearby
"jungle" that was under attack! I guess
I wouldn't be surprised to find
"gorillas" in there!
    There is a dense growth of trees,
bushes, and weeds just across the street
from my back door that separates our
development from an Air Conditioning
Factory.
     It has, all too often, become a stalking
ground for some of those cats I mentioned,
a skunk now and then, and trash tossed
from vehicles by people whose litter bags
must already be filled. It's the area where
I spotted the bear last year.
     The "tank" I heard turned out to be
one of two pieces of equipment clearing
some of that jungle. I'm not sure how
wide their target area may be. But those
workers can start as early as they want or
even work through the night if they'd like
to clear the whole parcel!
      Hope they pave that jungle...and that
all your NEWS is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment