Friday, March 11, 2016

RUNNING OUT OF TIME!

    SATURDAY, MARCH 12TH.
     RUNNING OUT OF TIME!

  Minute by minute. Second by
second. No matter how you
measure it we're running out of
time!
    Early tomorrow morning, 2am
to be exact, we'll all suddenly
lose an entire hour! Well, not all
of us. Folks in Hawaii don't observe
Daylight Savings Time.
    Supporters say it saves energy,
promotes outdoor leisure activity in
the evening  and is therefore good
for physical and psychological health,
reduces traffic accidents, reduces
crime, and is good for business.
    Opponents, and there are many,
say it increases health risks such as
heart attacks, can disrupt morning
activities, and that the act of changing
clocks twice a year is economically
and socially disruptive..
    I have mixed emotions. I like the
idea of having sunshine till 8 or 9
o'clock. But I keep searching for that
lost hour of sleep! I know I'll get it
back eventually. But that's little
consolation during those first few
days after I've set the clocks ahead.
I actually lost more than an hour if
you count the half hour it takes me
to do the resetting!
     But like it or not it shows up this
weekend so you'd better be ready!
     Hope you're right on time and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment