Thursday, October 5, 2017

A CLOSED MOUTH!


  FRIDAY, OCTOBER 6TH., 2017
         A CLOSED MOUTH!

   There's an old saying that "A closed
mouth gathers no feet."
    After some surgery on my lip
Wednesday I was told to avoid talking
or even smiling lest I open my wound
or break a stitch.
     I can now report that I have gathered
no feet, But I've also gathered very
little food!
     The milk shakes I mentioned in
yesterday's blog have been helpful
but other options haven't worked out
all that well.
     No matter how small you dice the
ingredients neither chicken or
noodles are easy to sip through a straw!
     But food isn't the only problem.
     There was some information I
wanted to share with my wife when
she got home from a shopping trip.
     The doctor told me I could talk
"like a ventriloquist" so I thought I'd
give it a try.
     I must have been pretty good
because my wife was looking all
around to see when that voice was
coming from. She finally realized
there was only one dummy in the
room and it wasn't her, so I was able
to share my message.
      Hope there's a steak in my
life sometime soon and that all
your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment