Wednesday, October 11, 2017

GOING HOME!


   THURSDAY, OCTOBER 12TH., 2017
                  GOING HOME!

    There's an old saying "You can't go home
again." Actually it's a quote from author
Thomas Wolfe from his novel that bears
that same title.
     On Wednesday, however, I went home.
Back to my home town that is.
     My original intention was to pick up a
couple boxes of Snape's Pizza. A Hazleton
favorite hot or cold.
      But I brought my camera along and, as
those of you who saw my album know,
decided to drive through my old neighborhood
checking things out.
       So much as changed. The three near by
Dairy stores are long gone as is the little
movie theater that was just a couple blocks
from my home.
       Speaking of my home, it's up for sale.
It's the second time I've seen For Sale signs
on the house in which I was born. I don't
know if it sold before and is back on the
market or if there have been no takers
since it was first offered.
        Maybe they should put up a sign....
"David DeCosmo Slept Here!
        The two grocery stores within as many
blocks are both apartments now as is my
old Elementary School building.
        I was feeling kind of melancholy
after seeing all that. I needed to find
something that stayed stable over all
those years. Any boy.....did I!
         The bright neon "Open sign" at
Jimmy's Hot Dog Luncheon was a
welcome home invitation I couldn't
pass up.
         Three hot dogs later I realized
you can go home again.....and taste
it too!
         Hope the pizza lasts a day or
two and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment