Saturday, October 14, 2017

WATCHING THE MAIL!


  SUNDAY, OCTOBER 15TH., 2017
         WATCHING THE MAIL!

     A professional video photographer
was on board when we sailed on our
Travelworld Whale Watching voyage
two weeks ago.
      Even though I was shooting my
own video I decided to buy a copy of
his production photographed with a
state of the art camera.
      Each day since I've been checking
the mail in anticipation of the dvd I
purchased.
       It reminds me of Ralphie in "A
Christmas Story", waiting for his
Secret Decoder Ring from the Little
Orphant Annie radio show.
        But it also reminds me of me
back in the days you sent two cereal
box tops into some radio show to
get some sort of prize for your
favorite on-air hero!
          It was before cereal companies
posted a seal on their boxes and smart
kids, like me, would send in one
box top and one box bottom to get
whatever it was I just had to have.
          Sometimes the prizes were
so tempting you made your Mom
buy cereals you didn't even like
just to get the box tops!
            Ironically even though I
can still remember most all of those
radio shows I can't recall a single
one of the prizes I wanted so much
back then! So much for memories!
           Hope that dvd shows up soon
and that all your NEWS is good!
           

No comments:

Post a Comment