Monday, October 2, 2017

Techies Day !


     TUESDAY, OCTOBER 3RD., 2017
                  TECHIES DAY!

     Our tour through New England last week
took us very close to a beach where Marconi
built his first antenna for sending radio signals
out into the Atlantic. Actually his experiment
worked out far better than planned and the
message he transmitted actually reached
England.
      Marconi was an early "Techie."
      October 3rd has been designated as
Techie Day! This special day originated in 1999
by techies.com and a consortium of government
and industry leaders. It  was established to
address the long-term demand for tech workers.
       I've had that demand from time to time.
       These days it always involves my computer.
I know a couple techies and keep their numbers
handy for those times my laptop goes crazy. Like
the time I spilled wine on my keyboard.
       I don't know about you but when my
computer does anything other than the ordinary
things I expect it to do I get lost!
       There are things you can do yourself to
make repairs but the instructions that tell you
how to make those "repairs" are written in
"Techie language." That lets me out!
        It's good to know there are some techies
out there these days. There used to be a lot more
but let's face it, nobody fixes televisions any more.
        The techies are the only thing that stands
between us and the built in obsolescence of so
many of today's electronic devices! We, at least
I know I, need them!
         Hope it's not soon though.....and that all
your NEWS is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment